Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreams from the past, Hope for the Future

Is this truly  happening??? Today I am struck with humility as I reflect on the true goodness of God and His faithfulness. He is a God who gives us the desires of our heart, the DREAMS of our heart.

I woke up this morning around 4 a.m.  Typcially at that time of day I am sleepy and can't bear the thought of getting out of bed, today was a different story! I wrestled thinking maybe if I just laid here, surely I would be able to go back to sleep. By 4:30 I decided to just get up. And it was during that time that God revealed Himself to me.

When I was in 3rd grade I remember being on an airplane sitting next to my pops and writing a letter to a missionary nurse in Tanzania. I remember then deciding when I grew up I wanted to be a missionary nurse. (I smile when I think of that, God knowing everything about me, knew even in 3rd grade that Biology would not be my strong suit. He must've laughed and thought to Himself, "Daughter if you only knew truly what I have in store for you.") Long story short, I never did become a missionary nurse, but one of the dreams of my heart has been to become a missionary.

What God revealed to me this morning as I reflected, questioning "Why at almost 37 am I just now getting a stamp in my passport and having the true opportunity to be a missionary?" And you know what I heard Him speak to my spirit? I heard Him say "Now that you are empty, I can fill you". In Toby Mac's words I've been emptied of all my 'junk'.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."


I am ready to receive what He has. I am ready to see what He does in others. I am ready to fill my cleaned up heart with the fulfillment of dreams from the past and the plantation of new dreams, with a fresh hope for the future.

In Christ alone,

Kresta

3 comments:

  1. may Christ truly fill you to overflowing. There are no mistakes in God's providence and he has had you (and the entire team) in his mind from the foundation of time.

    Ephesians 2:10 - We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which he has prepared for us ahead of time.

    Our love and prayers go with you each mile of the journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I read, Romans 12:13 "Share with God's people who are in need." You and your team are doing just that. It is dream, a calling this is coming true. We are praying like crazy for you and Ry and all of your team.

    Love,love,love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze and inspire me every time I hear your words. I have been praying for you and your team and received a call today from my church saying they have all been praying for you as well. (I added you to our prayer chain, hope you don't mind) I look forward to seeing all that you are blessed by each day as I follow this blog and look forward to hearing more when you are back home. I am excited for you as you fulfill this special dream - may your heart continue to reach others as I know it will. ~Stacey (your PCA pal)

    ReplyDelete